Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Masochism Tango

(Tune: Tom Lehrer's Masochism Tango)

I ache for the lie from your lips, Sam,
But more for the video clips, Sam.
How you deceive
And overachieve
As we dance to the Masochism Tango.

Let my faith in you weather this recall,
Say it's me that you'll never disenthrall.
Betray my trust,
Turn worser to worst,
As we dance to the Masochism Tango.

At your command
Before you here I stand,
Your career in my hand,
It's here that I must be.
My faith will never wane,
My vote never abstain,
It's not you who's to blame,
So come and lie to me.

Your lies have the beauty of starlight,
They're convincing -- and even in daylight.
My trust is so pure
That it smells like manure
(I'm no great paramour
When we tango).

Corrupt my youth
Do everything uncouth
Do anything to win.
Who cares if you lie?
No one will ask why
So betray me once again.

In public be cool and committed
To city affairs counterfeited.
Remember the rule:
The public's a fool
As we dance to the Masochism Tango.