Sunday, January 25, 2009

Bright Lights, Big City

Bright lights, Big city
Gone to the mayor's head

I voted for the mayor
I believed the things he said
And every time I turn around
The truth stands on its head

Bright lights, Big city
Gone to the mayor's head

Don't care about his bedroom
Don't care about his beau
But when he lies right to my face
I think he's gotta go

He's carvin' up the city
Into the pro's and con's
And everyone is callin' us
The city of morons

Why won't he do the right thing?
And give the city peace?
Until he's out of office
This madness will not cease

And if he thinks he's in the right
Then take it to the polls
And let us vote with all the facts
And rest our weary souls

Bright lights, Big city
Gone to the mayor's head

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.